Homes without duct work can enjoy air conditioned homes too thanks to mini split ductless air conditioning systems. Not only do we provide services to most makes and models we also have certified installers ready to take those hot stuffy rooms in the summer turning them into a comfortable oasis for your family to enjoy.
Get a Quote Today!
Enjoy a Cool Comfortable Home by Tomorrow. Call Us at 613-224-0041
How ductless mini-split systems work:
Like conventional HVAC systems, the mini-split ductless air conditioner system locates the noisy compressor and condenser outside the house. But split ductless air conditioning systems eliminate the need for a basement or attic located evaporator unit and bulky duct work by using thin copper tubing that pumps refrigerant directly to discreet wall mounted blowers inside (as seen in the images below).
For heritage homes and or homes with boilers, radiators or radiant floor heating the mini split ductless air conditioning system is the perfect solution providing cooling without having to damage structures, ripping open walls or modifying floor plans just to have central air conditioning.
Even more remarkable, this same unit works in reverse in winter, absorbing heat from the outside air and moving it indoors to heat your home. Of course in Ottawa Ontario there are a few weeks in the winter that are too cold for most HRV (heat recovery ventilation) systems but the heat produced by the mini split ductless air conditioning system is the perfect balance for colder evenings in the fall and in the spring meaning you will need less hours of use for your furnace extending the life of the unit while providing quiet comfort at higher efficiency than traditional central air conditioners.
Available in numerous mix-and-match capacities and configurations, there is a mini split ductless air conditioning system for even the most difficult to cool areas.
Copper tubing running through a small 3″ to 4″ opening in the wall or ceiling easily connects the indoor and outdoor units. Refrigerant is cycled through the lines from the outdoor condensing unit to the indoor unit where the air is quietly distributed to the interior space.
Because there are no ducts, the split ductless air conditioning system lose less than 5% cooling vs. up to 40% for traditional forced air cooling systems. Increased efficiencies up to 33 SEER means lower utility bills. Several models are even Energy Qualified meaning that save you on your utility bill.
One of the biggest benefits to the split ductless air conditioning system is the individual control you have for each zone. Why pay to heat or cool areas that no one is occupying? Individual zoning allows you to heat or cool areas you want and not the areas that are unoccupied saving you money.
Ductless air conditioners are comprised of an indoor and outdoor unit, which allows for a peaceful inside environment by enabling the contractor to install louder components like the compressors and motors outdoors.
Year Rough, Whole Home/Business Comfort
Split ductless air conditioning systems provide home and business owners just the right amount of heating and cooling needed by installing 2 to 8 indoor units connected to one outdoor unit. Indoor units vary by size and style and each creates its own “zone” of comfort, allowing you to hear or cool individual rooms, hallways and open spaces.
The amount you save on your utility bills depends on a variety of conditions – most importantly how efficient the system you select is and what type of system you currently have, as well as current cost of energy and home construction.
Use the Fijitsu Halcyon Efficiency Calculator to assess your cost savings.
- What are the advantages of installing a ductless mini-spit system over a central air conditioner system?With central air conditioning you must cool an entire home when only one room may need cooling. On the other hand, ductless mini-splits cool only the areas you want and not the areas you don’t.
- 18,000 BTU is a typical minimum central air conditioning unit. With ductless mini-splits you can use 7,000, 9,000 or 12,000 BTUs.
- Typical 3-ton homes are not zoned or require complex zoning systems which makes it very expensive for the homeowner. With ductless mini-split air conditioning systems multiple evaporators make zoning as simple as setting a remote control.
- Energy wasted in long lengths of uninhabited duct work means higher energy bills. Less than 5% cooling loss occurs in insulated refrigerant lines compared with up to 25% through ducts.
- Retrofitting homes requires cutting holes in walls, floors, ceilings or decreasing closet space with ducts. Ductless mini-split systems requires just a 3″ to 4″ hole in the outside wall. This means less mess and better home aesthetics.
Can I cover up the line sets running on the outside of my house?
Yes – with the Fujitsu mini-split ductless systems you can buy line set covers from SlimDuct. They specialize in line set covers.
Can I paint the ductless mini-split unit?
We do not recommend painting the evaporator. Many manufacturers like Fujitsu also do not recommend painting the evaporator. If for any reason a problem occurs with the unit in the future the warranty will become null and void if you paint or modify the appearance of the unit.
Can I buy a split ductless unit online?
Fujitsu doesn’t recommend buying units online as the warranty becomes null and void for online purchases. That being said we are proud to be a certified contractor for Fujitsu – we have licensed and insured installers ready to serve or install your split ductless.
You can shop on our website – pick the models you like the best, then work with our expert to design just the right system to fit your lifestyle and your home. We then bring everything right to your home quickly installing, testing then walking you through how to use the system.
Single Zone ductless systems:
- Wall Mounted Ductless systems
- Universal Floor/Ceiling Ductless systems
- Large Ceiling Ductless systems
- Floor Mounted ductless systems
- Slim ductless systems
- Compact Cassette ductless systems
- Cassette ductless systems
Multi Zone ductless systems:
- Multi zone systems (2 to 4 zones)
- Flex Zone Systems (2 to 8 zones)
- Remote Controls
- Fresh Air Intake Kits
- Auto Louver Grille Kit