Ottawa’s Boiler Expert Services include:
- Boilers (new equipment sales and installation see below)
- Boiler Service and Repairs
- Boiler Maintenance and Annual Boiler Maintenance Plans
- Radiant Floor Heating Systems
- Snow Melt Driveway Systems
Boilers – New Equipment Sales and Installations:
Not so long go purchasing a new boiler was a simple matter. Did you want option 1 or option 2 that the salesman offered you door to door? Now you have boiler manufacturers from around the world competing for your home boiler purchase with millions of web pages of endless information (some of which was not designed for use in our colder Ottawa climate). Let’s face it and with so many boiler makes, models, efficiencies and diverse features it is easy to get lost trying to decide which residential boiler to buy.
Boiler Brands currently available in Canada:
Viessmann – IBC (previously known as Triangle Tube – Canadian Made!) – Rinnai – Bosch – Weil McLain – Baxi Luna – Slant Fin – Buderus – Teledyne Laars – Burnham – New York Thermal – NTI Trinity – Lochinvar – Knight – Matrix – Rheem – and so many others…
What’s the difference?
Our job as a responsible hydronic heating contractor is to provide you with a selection of boiler products that you can trust. A boiler without local parts and service support is not an option in this cold climate (you can’t wait weeks for parts to ship from overseas). Nor is a boiler that was designed to operate at high temperatures a good match for your low temperature heating system (it will destroy your radiators and heating lines).
How do we select brands?
To make shopping easier we do the research and testing for you (been doing it for over 85 years locally in Ottawa).
When the latest residential boiler technology becomes available we first ask:
- How can this boiler serve our customers?
- Does it meet Canadian Safety Standards & all Ontario plumbing & heating codes for boilers installations in Ottawa.
- Is it a reliable boiler? (what is the track record and history of that boiler brand)
- Can we use this boiler in older homes or only new homes? (will it work with old cast iron rads or only the newer rads)
- Will this boiler save our customers money?
- Is this boiler good for our environment?
- Is this boiler affordable? Will it pay for itself in savings and if so what is the payback period for our customers?
We realize that for our customers there is more than just choosing the right boiler system – it also has to be able to fit into the installation restrictions dictated by their homes layout, it needs to eliminate cold spots where the previous heating was unbalanced, it also needs to be personalized to fit the specific comfort needs of that home owner giving them the options to control their home comfort room by room.
Over decades of being in business we have installed many/most types of residential boiler systems using different energy sources and operating strategies including single and multiple zones for maximum home heating comfort. Our experience providing service, repairs, maintenance and boiler installations for over 85 years has given us a unique perspective on what boiler units work best in our Ottawa climate while providing affordable and reliable equipment that will save you money in new efficiencies.
Today we are offering only the best options in both mid efficient and high efficient residential boilers to fit all Ottawa homeowner needs. The specific boiler brands and boiler models we sell and install (and use in our own homes) have proven themselves to be reliable and of a quality we can proudly recommend to our customers.
What brands do we use in our own homes?
IBC, Viessmann and Rinnai are our preferred brands although IBC (previously known as Triangle Tube) has out performed the other two brands in reliability and price. All 3 are very good boiler systems with many features available. Prefer a different Brand? Talk to us to see if the brand you prefer is available and a good fit for your home needs and your budget.
We will never sell boilers we do not trust or would not use ourselves.
Want to know more about the boilers we offer?
Call today for a free in home estimate 613-224-0041
We make choosing a boiler simple and provide you with all the documentation you need to make an informed buying decision.
We then provide you with the best licensed and insured hydronic boiler installers to perform the work quickly, cleanly and our boiler experts will personally walk you through how to use and take care of your new boiler system.
We also offer boiler maintenance plans for that ongoing care and extended warranties to make your home heating effortless for you.
When you get a boiler quote we give you more than one option to best fit your lifestyle and budget.
We will give you a few different options from better quality boilers for the budget sensitive homeowner (with payment plans to fit most homeowners even retirees on fixed incomes) all the way to the best energy efficient quality that qualifies for government incentive rebates.
Looking for a new home boiler – see our complete list of makes and models below
Looking for ongoing boiler maintenance – be sure to see our boiler maintenance plans for the best prices on annual boiler maintenance.
Looking for boiler repairs or boiler service or just looking for a company that has the parts and experience and can take care of your boiler unit for years to come? We can help you with that too.
We provide professional licensed and insured services to all makes and models of residential boilers, radiators, radiant floor heating, snow melt driveway systems, tankless, hot water tanks and more.
If it has hot water in it – we service it!
Ottawa’s Boiler / Hydronic Experts includes:
- Home Radiators
- Radiant Floor Heating Systems
- Snow Melt Driveway Systems
- Hybrid Hydronic Heating systems like boilers that work with air handlers
- Custom home comfort extras like radiant towel warmers, pre-heated domestic water lines, etc.
Are you interested in a specific boiler system?
Just click on the brand below to learn more:
- Viessmann Wall Hung Boilers (the best boiler on the market due to it’s exceptional German engineering & longevity)
- Triangle Tube / IBC Wall Hung Boilers (Canadian made and our favorite of all the boilers and the one the company owner put in his own home for both heating and domestic hot water),
- Rinnai Wall Hung Boilers (decent quality and reliable),
- Bosch Wall Hung Boilers (the world’s best selling condensing gas boiler due to it’s economical pricing but not always the best heating solution according to our technicians)
- New York Thermal – NTI Trinity (good quality reliable boiler)
- Weil-McLain (long lasting boiler but requires special installation to meet all new gas codes),
- Baxi Luna (note: Baxi was a decent brand in its day but is now difficult to get parts for – no local supplier in Ottawa but there is a supplier in Toronto that can ship to Ottawa within a few days, that being said we still do not recommend Baxi for new installations because the parts have not historically been dependably available)
- Slant Fin,
- Teledyne Laars,
- Lochinvar Knight,
- and more…
Notice: Personal notes after each brand in parenthesis denotes our own personal preferences based on information from our professional hydronic installers and service technicians who work on these different units. If there is no parenthesis after the brand then we have no opinion on those brands as there are not enough of them installed in Ottawa to get an idea of typical performance or longevity.
- Viessmann Specials
- IBC Specials
- Rinnai Specials
If you have a gas fired boiler – check your CO Detectors to make sure they are working properly – it’s the law!
CALL NOW TO BOOK YOUR FREE IN HOME ESTIMATE 613-224-0041
We can also care for your home radiators as part of our boiler services.
When it comes to boilers trust the boiler experts with over 85 years experience in the industry. Francis Plumbing and Heating serving Ottawa since 1933!