Annual Furnace Maintenance and Annual Furnace Maintenance Plans (heating service contracts)
We are often asked what is included in our annual furnace maintenance (heating service) – here is a general outline of the work that is performed during a typical furnace maintenance tune-up (please note this list may be modified to fit specific equipment that may require additional service to complete the maintenance):
Furnace Maintenance (tuneup) includes our 15 Point Furnace Inspection Checklist:
- Check thermostat calibration
- Ensure proper system operation
- Inspect Heat Exchanger (includes safety CO ppm detection)
- Inspect venting
- Check all electrical connections
- Inspect gas lines
- Check air filters (proper fit & condition)
- Check blower components
- Measure for correct airflow/heat-rise
- Examine quality of installation
- Inspect area around system
- Inspect equipment clearances
- Examine overall condition
- Document equipment location, make, model & serial number
- Document age of equipment & any upgrades made
Annual Furnace Maintenance ALSO includes our 23 point Furnace Tune-Up Check list in addition to the 15 point Furnace Maintenance Inspection check list above.
- Perform Furnace Inspection during Maintenance tune up (see checklist)
- Check for proper pressure on gas valve
- Check for proper milli-volt output of thermocouple
- Tighten and clean thermocouple connections
- Check setting of pilot (if the furnace doesn’t have electronic ignition). Flame should be high enough to generate current through thermocouple
- Tighten all gas connections. Check for leaks
- Thoroughly check heat exchanger for cracks and holes caused by high temperatures
- Remove and clean burners, reset, and adjust air shutters for a proper flame
- Check burner and pilot alignment
- Clean blower blades for full capacity and adjust as needed (without removal)
- Oil motor bearings
- Check fan belt tension and wear
- Check fan and limit switch operation and settings
- Check flue for leaks and proper connection to outside vents
- Check thermostat location, operation, calibration, & anticipation setting
- Check thermostat wiring for tight, clean connections
- Inspect filter – notify homeowner if it needs replacing
- Inspect humidifier for proper operation and potential leaks & clean condensate line
- Perform Safety Inspection (including CO ppm detection)
- Verify home has working CO detectors as per TSSA regulations
- Wipe down exterior of unit
- Notify homeowner of condition of unit & any recommendations
- Provide written quote for any recommendations and/or schedule estimator as needed
Want to save more money on your annual furnace maintenance? Be sure to ask about our Maintenance Plans for even more benefits and peace of mind.
Our Elite Furnace Maintenance Plans include:
- Annual Maintenance of your furnace including safety inspection, cleaning, and overall maintenance.
- Email notification when it is time to schedule your annual maintenance
- Priority Service
- 30 Day Diagnostic Warranty
- 15% Discount on all repairs
- 5% Discount on new replacement equipment.
- Email notification of issues that affect your specific furnace so you don’t have to think about your furnace, we remind you.
Click here to read more about our Maintenance Plans – discounts available for multiple pieces of equipment (like an AC and furnace)
At Francis Plumbing and Heating we care about your furnace heating equipment, your home, and about YOU! Making sure you always get the best value for your hard earned dollars.
All our work comes with our $5 million dollar liability insurance plus parts and labour warranties so you know your home is covered!