Viessman Boilers are still considered the top of the line in quality and expert German precision technology when it comes to heating your home.
Francis Plumbing and Heating has been installing and servicing residential boilers for almost 90 years and take pride in offering the best units available on the market to serve our local community.
When it comes to boilers they can vary drastically in features and benefits and a poorly installed unit will never operate as designed – therefore our technicians receive ongoing specialized training in hydronics (something they don’t teach in plumbing or HVAC classes). Our boiler specialists know the products, know what these products are capable of doing and can provide the best in installations and renovations to make your home not only comfortable in the winter but to minimize operating costs by maintaining efficiencies while prolonging the life and functionality of your equipment. We know what matters to you – because it matters to us too!
Viessmann Vitodens 100-W Performance, Value and Quality at it’s best
Viessmann Vitodens 100-W Models (heating only) available:
B1HE-85, B1HE-120, B1HE-150, B1HE-199
COMBI-BOILER Models (for domestic hot water AND heating combined) available:
Viessmann Boiler Benefits:
- Size matters – The Viessmann Vitodens 100 is about the size of a small suitcase and mounts cleanly on the wall leaving your floor space clear unlike the old floor models that took up so much space.
- The Vitodens is available for either just space heating or in a combi model (combi means the boiler heats the combination of both the home AND provides your domestic hot water eliminating the need for a hot water tank).
- The Vitodens efficiency is 95% A.F.U.E. on all models with fully-modulating stainless steel burners so you know it will reduce your gas bill (natural gas or propane) compared to older less efficient models
- Low emission combustion means less carbon to the environment (lower your carbon footprint which is better for our air quality and our planet).
- Extremely quiet operation so you sleep better – even quieter than most refrigerators.
- Backlit LCD touchscreen boiler control is user friendly for easier operations
- Viessmann quality that lasts with its proven stainless steel Inox-Radial heat exchanger construction (meets and exceeds all Canadian building codes with exceptional quality workmanship).
- Vitodens boiler is actually designed to be serviceable unlike many models with pipe connections located at the bottom keeping access to the components easier for most standard servicing (meaning it doesn’t have to be completely dismantled to access most parts for servicing saving you time and money).
- Built in on-demand domestic hot water (if you select a combi boiler model) – this means you don’t have to have a hot water tank and a boiler – the combi boiler does both freeing up more floor space and is ideal for smaller homes or homes with more finished living floor space.
- Zero clearance to combustibles – meaning it can be installed with even less space than most boiler models.
Thinking of using a cheaper tankless or water heater instead of a boiler to heat your home?
- Boilers are specifically designed for closed loop heating systems (closed loop means the same water stays in the system to be reheated again and again which does not introduce additional contaminants or air bubbles into your boiler and prolongs the life of your radiators and/or radiant floor system in edition to the equipment).
- Tankless water heaters and water heater tanks are not designed for closed loop systems (they are designed for fresh water operation only) so they typically fail within the first few years because they weren’t designed to operate heating systems – whereas a boiler will typically last 10 to 15 years or longer.
- The Viessmann boiler is specifically designed for fully modulating so they can run all winter long keeping your home comfortable while reducing gas consumption. Tankless units are designed to run for shorter periods of time on demand as needed and are usually 160,000 to 199,000 BTU when they run – that means they use an excessive amount of gas when they run (the savings is they don’t run 24/7 UNLESS you hook them up to a heating system). Using a tankless system to heat your home will cost you a great deal more in gas consumption and will wear out a tankless unit long before its normal lifespan.
- Using a tankless or water heater tank for whole home heating negates your tankless or water heater tank warranties (they weren’t designed to be used that way so the manufacturer will not cover them when they fail early for improper use).
In other word: you need the right equipment for the right job.
Just as you wouldn’t use a fire hydrant to get a sip of water – so too you shouldn’t use a tankless when a boiler is designed for that continuous use in the winter (wear and tear) and at lower operating costs.
Boiler installations are so much more than just the boiler itself…
it takes additional components to move the heated water from the boiler to the radiators, radiant floor, snow melt driveway, or other applications. HVAC companies are not trained in hydronics and often miss these critical components to proper operations.
Here are just a few of the components it takes to make a fully functional installation (note list will vary depending on application):
- Circulating Pumps
- Expansion Tanks
- Pressure Reducing Valve/Backflow Preventers
- Condensate Pumps
- Isolation Valves
- Air Purger
- Thermostats (with the appropriate number of wires to work with specific boiler models – not all thermostats work)
- Gas lines
- Indirect tanks
- and more…
There is so much more to installing a boiler than just the boiler itself and if you get the installation wrong it will never operate properly and could potentially shorten the lifespan of the boiler.
Would you like a free quote to see how it is done right?
Just give us a call 613-224-0041
or hit the chat box on the right to book in your free appointment with one of our qualified hydronic estimators.
Here is what we include with our basic installations:
- Installed by both a licensed plumber with hydronics training and a licensed gas fitter so all mandatory codes are met (meaning your homeowner insurance policy wont be negated because it was done to code by both mandatory licensed tradespeople).
- $5 Million Dollar Liability insurance coverage during installation so you don’t have to worry about your home – we got you covered
- 1 Year 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranty (meaning if the original installation we performed didn’t make you happy we will come out and try to resolve things to your satisfaction but if you are still unhappy we will remove the equipment and refund you in full! We are that sure of the quality of our installations!
- Full manufacturer warranties (these warranties are invalid if not installed exactly as outlined by code and by the manufacturer – our techs are trained by the manufacturers to meet their strict installation requirements so your warranties stay valid if you ever need them).
- Extended Warranties available on products we sell and install (up to 10 Years Parts and Labour).
- SPECIAL: For a limited time we will be including the first year annual maintenance with the purchase of a new boiler hydronic heating system (speak to your estimator to see if this special is still available at the time of your free quote).
- Elite Maintenance Plans available for ongoing care of your equipment and your home comfort.
Book Your Free Estimate Today 613-224-0041
or click the chat box on the right bottom of this page to chat online with someone from or office. We make booking free estimates easy!
Additional Viessman Vitodens 100-W B1HE literature:
- Vitodens 100-W B1HE Energy Rating Label
- Vitodens 100-W B1HE Flyer
- Vitodens 100-W B1HE Manufacturers Limited Lifetime Warranty