Tempstar Central Air Conditioners
When it comes to central air conditioners and heat pumps our goal has always remained consistent:
- Good for the homeowner (affordable and reliable)
- Good for the installer (easier installations and easier access to components for service)
- Good for the business (the manufacturer backs their products, so our reputation is covered)
- Fair Prices for Exceptional Products (just what everyone needs)
Tempstar meets those goals and more…
Is Tempstar a good air conditioner?
When you want air conditioning but don’t want to spend too much Tempstar is the perfect solution. Tempstar AC units are affordable, durable, and have the efficiencies you need for our homes in Ottawa. In addition, Tempstar offers great warranties and as a Tempstar Elite Dealer it means our units qualify for additional perks for homeowners.
Who makes Tempstar air conditioners?
ICP (International Comfort Products) makes Tempstar units. They also make:
- Comfort Maker
Because this one company makes all these different Brands many of the brands carry the same components to save on manufacturing costs. There are some differences (some are quieter than others, some have different exterior finishes or colours) but the reliability is there right across the board.
In fact, most issues reported have nothing to do with the quality of these air conditioners. Instead the differences have everything to do with the quality of the installation. Install them to manufacturer specifications by a licensed tradesman who is a certified Tempstar installer and you can rest assured you will have a cool and comfortable home in the summer for many years to come.
So why did your company choose Tempstar?
We chose to offer Tempstar because it met all of our very stringent requirements (and these are the same models our technicians have installed in our own homes):
- Affordable (gives you everything you need without costing a fortune)
- Reliable (they work well year after year)
- Great Warranties (Manufacturer backed Warranties that don’t make you jump through hoops)
- Can be installed quickly (less labour costs saving money for homeowners)
- Easy to maintain (less time spent doing maintenance saving money to homeowners in labour)
- Local support by the manufacturer (we can get equipment right here in Ottawa)
- Local availability of parts (we can typically get parts same day right here in Ottawa)
- Recognizable brand that can be researched easily (homeowners can easily research these units)
- Reputation (Tempstar has a good reputation)
- Manufacturer offered technical training for their specific equipment so every installation is correctly installed to exact manufacturer specifications
Is Tempstar the same as Carrier?
Tempstar is made by the same manufacturer as Carrier (ICP) therefore share many similar parts. The big difference between Carrier and Tempstar is the price – we don’t believe homeowners should pay more than they need to for products they only use for a few months each year.
Which is better Tempstar vs Goodman?
Both Tempstar and Goodman brands are good although Tempstar does have a better reputation within the HVAC industry for their higher quality products. With similar pricing between the Goodman and Tempstar, Tempstar was the obvious winner to us. After extensive research and years of servicing different brands our Francis family company has come to rely on Tempstar for reliable cooling all summer long.
How much does a Tempstar AC cost?
Prices vary drastically depending on a few different factors:
- Ease of installation
- Existing Furnace Configuration (if not replacing furnace at the same time)
- Preferred Features & Extras (wifi thermostats, filtration, UV lights, etc.)
- Extended Warranty options
For an exact quote give us a call and we will be happy to schedule a Free Consultation with one of our estimators who can go over the many different options, sizes, and features to best fit what you want and what is within your budget. Financing options are available.
AVAILABLE HELP: Covid-19 Pandemic Financial Help – Don’t pay for 1 year option OAC
Tempstar Furnaces and Air Conditioners
Tempstar central air conditioners can be purchased and installed alone (with existing furnace modifications to fit the AC coil above the existing furnaces) or can be purchased in combination with a Tempstar Furnace (Combination Furnace/AC packages offer better pricing and easier installations).
By combining the appropriate indoor unit with a matching outdoor unit, various combinations of cooling and heating methods can be created for the optimal combination of comfort, efficiency and economy.
Tempstar Air Conditioners come in a variety of sizes:
- 1.5 Ton – 18,000 BTU
- 2 Ton – 24,000 BTU
- 1.5 Ton – 30,000 BTU
- 3 Ton – 36,000 BTU
- 3.5 Ton – 42,000 BTU
- 4 Ton – 48,000 BTU
- 5 Ton – 60,000 BTU
Be sure to see the size chart on our Central Air Conditioner page for sizing the right Tempstar air conditioner for your specific home needs.
We are an Elite Tempstar Dealer
Elite Tempstar Dealer Status – what does it mean to you?
When you buy from an Elite Tempstar Dealer you get more:
- Additional discounts on Tempstar equipment for homeowners
- Longer Warranties on parts
- Extended Warranties on compressors
- Extended No Hassel replacement Warranties
- Manufacturer trained and certified Tempstar installation technicians (we know the equipment)
- Tempstar trained and certified repair technicians (we know the equipment)
- Manufacturer support
Call today for your Free No Obligation Consultation and Quote with one of our expert estimators
Be sure to check out these pages for additional specials and free information