Experienced Residential Senior HVAC Lead Installer position
Francis Plumbing & Heating has an opening for the BEST experienced residential HVAC installer and Service Technician.
ONLY those who are exceptional at their skills need apply – we only want the BEST!
- Best attitude
- Best customer service skills
- Best trade skills
- Motivated to do exceptional work that you can take pride in showing off!
Are you the kind of technician who takes photos of your work to show off to friends and colleagues? Our installs have to look as good as they function (perfection is the goal).
Must be highly experience in residential HVAC installation and HVAC service.
Competitive compensation packages available for the very best including:
- Competitive salary
- Commissions & bonuses on top of salary (banked or taken monthly)
- Fully stocked company service van provided
- You provide small hand tools, we provide everything else
- Gas card provided
- Uniforms provided
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Matching RSP benefits
- Company cell phone
- Ongoing manufacturer training (on new equipment)
- Ongoing customer service training
- Full office support team standing behind our technicians
- Technical support from the manufacturers & our senior technicians
- & more…
There is room to grow with Francis – in business since 1933!
We are also need you to have a great life outside of work (we work to live not live to work):
- We minimize the on-call rotation (gas fitters are only on-call in the winter and occasionally asked to help if we have a big heat wave where peoples health might be compromised).
- We have FUN! A summer BBQ with a live band, a new years party and activities, and other social opportunities.
- Supportive team who will help each other so everyone gets off work at a reasonable hour
Our company motto is: “We are only in business to support our community and provide for our families”.
We take this motto seriously. This means providing exceptional work that we are proud to stand behind and making sure our employees are able to provide for their families year round not just in the busy seasons. We won’t burn you out as we work as a team (everyone pitches in) to support each other and grow together individually and as a company.
- clean record drivers license
- G2 (or G1) gas fitter license
- 313D license
- ODP certification
- Safety Certifications: (not mandatory we can provide them but a bonus if you already have them) WHMIS, Confined space, fall arrest/working at heights, first aid, etc.
Ongoing training provided to keep you up to date on the latest technology and equipment on the market.
HVAC installations (residential):
- Furnace, Air Conditioner, Split Ductless AC, HRV, Heat Pumps, Tankless & Water Heaters. ALSO Hydronics such as Boilers, Radiant Floor heating, snow melt driveways (additional training is available for hydronics as it isn’t something typically taught to HVAC technicians)
HVAC Services include:
- Diagnose issues with HVAC equipment, provide a solution, provide a price based on our flat rate price structure, perform the repairs and collect at the completion of the job (procedure training provided)
- Maintenance on HVAC equipment (as needed during slow season to keep techs working full time).
Excellent English written, reading and oral skills are mandatory in this position (bi-lingual is a plus but not mandatory as all paperwork is done in English only).
Must be organized.
Able to learn new software is also mandatory (we provide all the training so long as you can learn) as we are switching to a paperless system (work orders are all done through our online system via the provided company cell phone). Time sheets at this time are still paper but that is being switched over soon.
Must be a team player who:
- Loves to learn & share knowledge
- Has great communication skills
- Positive attitude (critical positive attitude)
- Can perform independently (without the boss looking over your shoulder all the time)
- Wants to make a good living representing a great company.
In other words you LOVE being the best at what you do but still can be friendly to work with who wants to do the job right the first time (no cutting corners or cheapening the work).
To be considered for the position please forward your resume by email.
NO OFFICE VISITS DURING PANDEMIC:
No resumes will be accepted for drop off in person – our office is currently in lock down – no one is allowed to enter our office to protect our office staff from outside exposure.
Please include the answers to the following questions with your resume:
- How many years of Residential HVAC installation experience do you have?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: 313D?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Drivers?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: G2 (or G1) Gas Fitter?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: ODP?
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Negotiable – The more valuable you bring to the company the higher the salary.