Please note this position has been filled at this time but you are welcome to send us your resumes should anything else open up in the future.
Looking for a plumbing apprenticeship position with one of Ottawa’s oldest and most trusted service company? Francis Plumbing & Heating has an opening for an experienced residential plumbing apprentice (2nd or 3rd year apprentice) no commercial or construction service residential plumbing and hydronic services only.
Unfortunately we cannot accept a first year apprentice – you must have at least 2 years experience as a plumbing apprentice to be considered for the position.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Repairs to drains, fixtures, water lines, pumps, valves, etc.
- Installation of water lines, drains, fixtures, pumps, valves, back water valves, etc.
- Providing quotes and assisting in the installation of larger jobs and hydronic heating systems.
- Also experienced at hot water tank installations, tankless installations, hydronic hybrid heating systems, radiant floor heating or boiler installations are a great bonus – but not mandatory for the position (we can teach you).
- clean record drivers license
- 2nd year plumbing apprentice minimum
Not mandatory we can provide them but a bonus if you already have them.
- Confined space
- Working at Heights/Fall Arrest
- First aid
- Asbestos Awareness
Ongoing training provided to keep you up to date on the latest technology and equipment on the market.
Excellent English written, reading and oral skills are mandatory in this position (bi-lingual is a plus but not mandatory as all paperwork is done in English only). Must be able to print well (legibly) and be organized.
Able to learn new software is also mandatory as we are currently switching to a paperless system (work orders, job details, timesheets, will all be done through our online system via the provided company cell phone and/or company ipad, training is provided).
Must be a team player who loves to learn & share, has great communication skills, positive attitude, can perform independently and wants to make a good living representing a great company.
Competitive compensation packages available including:
- Competitive salary
- Commissions & bonuses on top of salary (banked or taken monthly)
- Service van provided
- Tools and Equipment provided (you provide small hand tools, we provide everything else)
- Gas card provided
- Uniforms provided
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Matching RSP benefits
- Cell phone
- Full office support team standing behind our technicians
- Technical support from the manufacturers in addition to our senior technicians
- & more…
There is room to grow with Francis – in business since 1933!
To be considered for the position please forward your resume by email. No resumes will be accepted for drop off in person (we need the digital copy so apply online please).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $26.00 /hour