Phone and Admin Support
We are always looking for great talent – send us your resume if the job description fits you!
(Note: Emails from headhunters or agencies will not be responded to, we do not outsource hires)
- Do you genuinely enjoy helping people?
- Do you pride yourself in your uncanny ability to turn a repetitive job into a fun adventure where you feel great about your daily accomplishments?
- Are you a detail oriented person who enjoys making sure everything is done just right?
- Do you like to challenge yourself to continually learn and improve?
- Do you enjoy typing and are proud of how good you are at it? Can you type for hours?
If this sounds like it was written as more of a description of you than some boring job post… you may have just found a new home! Be sure to read to the bottom of this job description before you apply.
We’re Francis Plumbing & Heating and we’re on a mission to serve our local community to the best of our abilities (providing residential services such as plumbing, heating, cooling, water heating, gas services and so much more…) while helping our neighbours to reduce their carbon footprint and protecting them from unscrupulous businesses.
We are looking for our next teammate to join our family of technicians and office staff that actually care about the people we serve. We put ethics and values above profit and have benefited from over 80 years in business because of those ethics and values and the professional skills we bring to our neighbours.
If you have a true love and passion for respecting and serving customers by contributing to something that is larger than you, then we want to invite you to document and share your unique knowledge and gifts with our team.
You will be expected to embrace a collaborative team environment and pursue growth and learning every single day. You will be held accountable to make decisions and own the results of those decisions.
Duties included (but are not limited to)
- Answering all incoming calls (multiple lines)
- Booking service calls and installations for our technicians
- Scheduling work as needed
- Dispatch work to our technicians
- Updating databases (FieldEdge & QuickBooks)
- Administrative support to our technicians, office and sales team
- Phone inside sales support as needed to support the team
- Additional administrative and/or accounting tasks as needed to support the team
Mandatory skills in order to succeed in this role are:
- Fluently speak, write and read English (bi-lingual not required – English is essential)
- Able to type 60+ WPM minimum (proof required – free typing test can be taken at www.typingtest.com be sure to email us a screen shot of your results with your resume – resumes received without the typing test proof will not be considered for the position).
- Experience with a database type software (such as Field Edge, Wintac, Access, etc.)
- Experience with accounting software (not essential but preferred like QuickBooks, Quicken)
- Able to handle multiple calls at the same time in fast paced office
- Must be able to learn quickly
- Must LOVE talking on the phone ALL DAY!!
- Upbeat personality, high energy with exceptional communication skills
- Able to work well independently as well as within a team
- Reliable transportation – able to get to work each day on time
Additional benefits in addition to helping people every day are:
- Competitive salary based on work experience
- 2 weeks paid vacation (increases over time)
- Medical benefits (after probationary period)
- Dental benefits (after probationary period)
- Vision benefits (after probationary period)
- Matching RSP funds (after probationary period)
Position is immediate so we cannot consider anyone who is not already located in Ottawa ready to take on work. Out of country/town resumes will not be considered for this position due to time restraints.
NOTICE: Typing test is required – please go to typingtest.com to take the free typing test so you can include your results with your resume when you are applying.
Resumes received without typing tests results will not be considered for the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour based on what value you bring to the company. Room for quick growth for the right candidate.
Email resume & typing test results to: email@example.com