Junior HVAC technician
Position is currently filled but we are still growing – if you have the skills we want to talk to you.
- Are you a highly motivated hard worker who wants to excel in your trade?
- Do you enjoy helping people and take pride in a job well done?
- Do you get excited about doing the job perfectly the first time every time?
- Are you an exceptional learner who jumps at opportunities to learn more?
- Are you teachable?
- Are you willing to pick up a broom and help clean up after your team without being asked when the job is done?
If you said YES then we want to talk to YOU!
Francis Plumbing & Heating is looking for a junior residential HVAC Service Technician and installation helper.
Must have some experience in residential HVAC installation and/or service – (no commercial service residential only).
Experience to include: installing or diagnosing and/or servicing gas or propane furnaces, central air conditioners, bonus (good to have but not mandatory) if you have experience with HRV, split ductless systems, water heaters, tankless systems and or boiler/hydronic systems.
Also experienced at running new gas lines, bbq hookups and gas fire places is a plus
- clean record drivers license
- Bonus if you have your ODP or 313D (not mandatory)
Not mandatory we can provide them but a bonus if you already have them.
- Confined space
- Working at Heights/Fall Arrest
- First aid
- Asbestos Awareness
Ongoing training provided to keep you up to date on the latest technology and equipment on the market.
- Assisting in HVAC installations and/or service
- Assisting in hot water tank and tankless installations
- Annual maintenance on HVAC equipment
Excellent English written, reading and oral skills are mandatory in this position (bi-lingual is a plus but not mandatory as all paperwork is done in English only). Must be able to print well (legibly) and be organized.
Able to learn new software is also mandatory as we are currently switching to a paperless system (work orders, job details, timesheets, will all be done through our online system via the provided company cell phone and/or company ipad, training is provided).
Must be a team player who loves to learn & share, has great communication skills, positive attitude, can perform independently and wants to make a good living representing a great company.
Competitive compensation packages available including:
- Competitive salary
- Commissions & bonuses on top of salary (banked or taken monthly)
- Service van provided
- Tools and Equipment provided (you provide small hand tools, we provide everything else)
- Gas card provided
- Uniforms provided
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Matching RSP benefits
- Cell phone
- Full office support team standing behind our technicians
- Technical support from the manufacturers in addition to our senior technicians
- & more…
There is room to grow with Francis – in business since 1933!
To be considered for the position please forward your resume by email. No resumes will be accepted for drop off in person (we need the digital copy so apply online please).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $28.00 /hour